Call for Papers
Marketing Libraries Journal
Special themed double issue :
Library Marketing responses to COVID-19
Volume 5, Issue 1 & 2 (Spring and Summer 2021)
Deadline for Submissions: rolling deadline (for practical and scholarly submissions)
Scholarly Submissions http://journal.marketinglibraries.org/schol-submit.html
Practical (Column) Submissions http://journal.marketinglibraries.org/column-submit.html
COVID-19 has greatly impacted how we promote, communicate, and deliver library services. Marketing Libraries Journal is seeking articles that address how we are responding to this pandemic through our marketing, outreach, and communications activities.
Article submissions may include:
- How your library is handling crisis communication during this pandemic?
- How are you communicating and engaging with your audience(s) online?
- How have you shifted your Social Media planning and activities?
- What online tools are you using to conduct marketing, outreach, and communication activities ?
- Examples of virtual outreach activities that worked (and did not).
- Examples of assessment of marketing activities in a virtual environment.
- Internal marketing: how are you communicating with your staff?
About the Journal
Marketing Libraries Journal (MLJ) is a peer-reviewed, independently published, open access scholarly journal that focuses on innovative marketing activities that libraries are engaged in. Our aim is to publish research and practical examples of library marketing campaigns, library marketing research, public relations campaigns, SWOT analysis, segmentation research, assessment of marketing activities, and tools used for marketing. In addition to peer reviewed articles, the Journal also contains practical articles from different columns. Columnists will be accepting short articles on advocacy, branding, library marketing campaigns, “from the trenches”, and technology tools. The Journal is published twice a year.
Guidelines for Submissions
The editorial board seeks submissions in the following two categories:
• Submissions should be 12 point font, Times New Roman, and double-spaced with 1 inch margins on all sides
• Page number and running head should be placed in the upper right-hand corner of each page
• The title page should be submitted as a separate document and include each author’s name, affiliation, and e-mail address
• Submitted manuscripts should begin with a 100-word abstract, with a list of 5 keywords, numbered as page 1
• One submission per author per call
• Allow 3-4 months for manuscript status notification
Scholarly submissions :
Practical submissions :
Re-submissions (for authors)
Scholarly (round 2) :
Submission Form for Column Editors (round 2)
Column Revisions :
Final Revisions (for authors)
Review Form for Peer Reviewers (all manuscripts)
Reviewers can submit their feedback and comments here:
It is understood that manuscripts have not been previously published and are not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. Review of manuscripts will begin after the call for proposals deadline. In some cases, accepted manuscripts may undergo several rounds of substantive revision before they are ready for publication. When a manuscript has been formally accepted for publication, authors will be required to submit a complete electronic copy of the final version, including all figures, charts, tables, appendices, and illustrations.
Examples of permanent URLs are:
For questions regarding self-archiving, please contact the Editor at
Resources for New Authors
How to Design and Analyze a Survey
How to Analyze Survey Data
Qualtrics: 5 Best Practices of Survey Analysis & Reporting
Analysis and Reporting of Survey Data
How to Publish Your Ideas : Some Tips for Academic Publishing
How to get ahead in academic publishing: Q&A Best Bits
Publishing Your First Journal Article: An Academic Publisher’s View
Publishing Your Work in an Academic Journal: Three Do’s and a Don’t
Nine Publishing Basics When Submitting to a Scholarly Journal
Academic Writing and Publishing
For general inquiries, please contact the Editor at